Welcome to the SoundCloud Developers blog, a service provided by SoundCloud Limited, Rheinsberger Strasse 76/77, 10115 Berlin, Germany (“SoundCloud”, “we” “our”, “us”).
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your visit of the Website, or through the use of web analytics services. This information includes:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit,
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Website
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Website, for example, whether you are accessing the Website from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in the section Cookies
Information provided by you
If you make any inquiry to us via email, we will be collecting your name and email address and any other information you submit.
If you are interested in creating a public application with SoundCloud’s Public API, we will ask you to provide certain information as shown in the input mask of our SoundCloud’s Public API application form. The data collected during this process includes your name, address, email address, and a description and categorisation of your application, amongst other things.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to analyse the use of the Website, and the people visiting the Website and in order to improve and customize the Website to your needs.
We use the information you provide to us when you contact us per email to respond to you about any comment or inquiry you have submitted.
We use the information you provide to us when applying for access to SoundCloud’s Public API to evaluate your application, and in case of a successful application, to manage and maintain your Public API key.
Integration of third party content
We may integrate third party content from other websites, such as YouTube videos, RSS feeds or certain graphics (“Third Party Content”) into the Website. In order to show you this Third Party Content, it is technically necessary that the provider of such Third Party Content receives your IP address. We strive to only use Third Party Content providers that use your IP address solely for the delivery of content. However, we have no control whether the Third Party Content provider may also use your IP address for other purposes, for example, for statistical purposes.
Sharing of your personal information
- With your consent: We will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service Providers: We use certain reputable third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the European Economic Area, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal information to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorised disclosure of personal information, and only to process personal information in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your personal information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our employees, directors or shareholders.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your personal information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of SoundCloud, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal information we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any information that we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at SoundCloud Limited, Rheinsbergerer Str. 76/77, 10115 Berlin, Germany.
Effective Date: June 2016